Fokker T.VIII
The T.VIII W/G was a mid-winged monoplane with a three-part fuselage of oval cross-section which consisted of a light alloy nose, a centre section of wood and a tail of steel frame with a fabric covering. The wing was constructed with two cross-beams with bakelite ribs and clad in plywood. In the T.VIII W/M variant the tail, as well as the wings, were constructed from light alloy. The undercarriage consisted of two floats of rustproof duralumin with six waterproof compartments and a reserve fuel tank in each.
The aircraft went into production after the first flight in 1938 and eleven entered Dutch service. At the time of the German invasion in 1940, nine aircraft relocated to bases in France, and on 22 May 1940 escaped to the UK to form the basis of No. 320 (Netherlands) Squadron RAF, Coastal Command, based at Pembroke Dock in South Wales. Eventually lack of spares meant that these aircraft were retired. Meanwhile, the Germans completed the T.VIIIs, still under construction at the Fokker factory, and after evaluation at Travemünde, operated them in the Black Sea in the reconnaissance, air-sea rescue and anti-submarine role. In May 1941, Dutch Lieutenant Beelaerts van Blokland, together with pilot Govert Steen, Fokker technician Lindeman and resistance fighter Boomsma, stole a T.VIIIW in German service floating in the Amsterdam IJ and flew it to England to join the Allied forces.

Variants
T.VIII W/G     Mixed wood and metal construction. 19 built.
T.VIII W/M     All-metal construction. 12 built.
T.VIII W/C     Larger version with more powerful engines. Five had been ordered by Finland, but were captured and used by the Luftwaffe.
T.VIII  L         Land version  One built
Type
3-seat SAR and seaplane bomber
Version
T.VIII W/G
T.VIII W/C
Engine
2 Wright R-975-E3 Whirlwind
2 Bristol Mercury XI
Dimensions
Length 13 m, height 5 m, span 18,0 m, wing area 44,00 m2
Weights
Empty  3100 kg, flying weight 5000 kg
Performance
Max. speed 285 km/h at 3000 m, range 2750 km, service ceiling 6800 m
Armament
2 7,92 mm MG plus 600kg bombload or a torpedo