|| Single seat fighter
|| 1 Hispano-Suiza 12Xcrs l
|| Length 7,56 m, height 2,70 m , span 12,09 m , wing area 16,50 m
|| Empty 1287 kg, loaded 1787 kg , max. take off weight
|| Max.. speed 367 km/h at 5000 m, 315 km/h at sea level , cruising speed 225 km/h , range 870 km , endurance , service ceiling 10200 m , climb to 1000 m1 min. 21 sec.
||One 20 mm Hispano-Suiza (Oerlikon) S7 fixed forward-firing cannon with 60 rounds in a Engine mounted installation to fire through the hollow propeller shaft, and two 7.5 mm Darne fixed forward-firing machine guns in the leading edges of the wing
The D.501 was a development of the D.500 with considerably more powerful armament. The two fuselage-mounted machine guns were removed, and the adoption of the Hispano-Suiza 12Xcrs engine, rated identically to the Hispano-Suiza 12Xbrs of the D.500, allowed the introduction of a moteur-canon installation in which a 20 mm Hispano-Suiza (Oerlikon) S7 cannon was fitted between the two cylinder banks of the V-12 engine to fire through the hollow propeller shaft. This version was accepted for French service with the designation D.501C.1, and production totalled 177 aircraft built by Dewoitine, Lioré-et-Olivier and Loire: 163 were delivered for French service (133 to the air force and 30 to the naval air arm) and the other 14 for Lithuanian service with the designation D.501L.